Select 2009 Fins [preview]

For 2009 Select will have serious range of fast fins, I can't wait to test the new fins!!!!

New Models:
  • SL9 Slam (sizes 25-43cm)
  • Caspar Speed (sizes 21-31cm)
  • S09 (25-43cm)
  • Proslam (43-57cm)
The SL9 is based on his very fast and succesfull brother SL7, only the SL9 will be more forgiving, I haven't seen it but there were rumors they might changed the profile for even better topspeed.
The Caspar Speed fins are famous in the Netherlands, amazing performance are the fins from the hands of Caspar Verhaagen. I hope Select can do this too in production! I'll will be ordering these fins!!
I hope the S09 brings the same as the S07 M fins compared to the SL7. This fin could be the USM winner in my eyes!
Proslam, looks like a rival of the deboichet SL2? Don't know more...

Also these models will be available in 2009:
  • Ultra
  • SL7
  • RS7
  • Devil
  • S.Ride
  • Ride
  • S07 Speed
  • S07 
  • R07
You'll be the first ones to know how the fins perform!!! Can't wait to test the new fins.

Eriksurf

Erik is windsurfer for 10+ years. In his daily life he is professional in construction dewatering, advisor, troubleshooter. Erik likes adventures, explore and to challenge himself. During his life he is trying to get the best out of it and have respect for the earth, nature and future generations. The modern world is about sharing, in this blog Erik shares his experiences, selfreflection and lessons learned.

10 comments:

  1. Nice!

    I think the ProSlam is the replacement of the Ghost 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    I think you're right. Proslam is not really my catagory. I don't have a board to take a 43cm fin. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! The only big problem with that kind of range can be the delivery time and availability...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    at first: nice Blog!

    Very interesting information and really up to date.
    I heard about the Caspar Speed, produced by Select but could't find any information on the web. You gave them :D

    Greetz and stay fast,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat,

    Thank you, I hope the Select Caspar Speed are as good as I think they will be.

    Go fast!!

    -Erik

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully there will be more information soon on the web regarding the new fins. I still have some Tectonics left, but normally using the 2008 Selects.
    I think the SL09 would be more forgiving in the chop comparing to the SL07?
    I don't know the Ghost. How would you/anybody describe that fin? Is it fast, can it handle a lot off pressure. Does it give a lot off lift (stifness).
    Great weblog.

    Marco B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marco,

    About the 2009 series I really can't tell more, it is now just theory. I haven't felt, or even seen the new fins. But when I do have I will post my experience on the blog.

    I haven't sailed the Ghost but:

    (1)Ghost is there because some slalomriders needed more power from the fin in lightwinds. I think the ghost has more flex & taillift compared to the RS7. I assume the fin also got a bit more twist to keep range. (so your very powerful gaastra vapors could make a very fast combination)

    (2)No doubt the Ghost can handle lots off pressure! All select fins are tested to handle lots of pressure, this is kind of trademark of select.

    ReplyDelete
  9. website staat nu ook online:
    http://www.select-hydrofoils.com/fr/ailerons/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ziet er goed uit! En ik sta op 3de op de gps ranking van Select, erg leuk! Onder Ben vd Steen.

    ReplyDelete