windsurf crossing Monnickendam (Gouwzee) - Schellinghout

This is the first "successful" 20km+ crossing. There was today a (West-)Northwesterly 6~14 kn breeze and Sun.

It was a good challenge, I would  rate it fun and not difficult in these conditions. The seaweeds are never fun, I estimated there would be no seaweed after the first 5 km, it turns out I was wrong... There are lots of seaweed (even 3km offshore). I stopped 10+ times to remove the seaweed, but it many times I caught new weed within a minute "clean surfing".

Next time I have to use my weedfin. Also have to fix the "daggerboard- rubber-strip", the glue came loose. A nice fountain came out of the daggerbox all the way back. I could not do speedy fast crossing, but I made it and thats a first for me.

movescount session: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move116418983

Eriksurf

Erik is windsurfer for 10+ years. In his daily life he is professional in construction dewatering, advisor, troubleshooter. Erik likes adventures, explore and to challenge himself. During his life he is trying to get the best out of it and have respect for the earth, nature and future generations. The modern world is about sharing, in this blog Erik shares his experiences, selfreflection and lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment